- Snuggle With Your pet. There’s nothing better than having a four legged friend. Animals. Science has proven that when you cuddle with your dog, it stimulates the brain’s production of Oxytocin (also called the “love hormone”) in both of you. This is the same hormone that is released during childbirth and when a mother breastfeeds her baby. It’s associated with the feelings of trust, empathy, and forming bonds. SO GIVE IT A TRY SCIENCE SAYS SO!
- Garden Outside. Pull some weeds or plant a few seeds. Planting for me is a creative outlet. you can design the garden of your dreams.Or you can be like me and stare at your garden in awe of how good you did. That always puts me in a good mood.
- Get Your Exercise On. I know I know the motivation to do this one is probably slim but its so goo for you! just 30 min a day is beneficial for your body. Even if it is a brisk 30 min walk is enough to get those endorphins to your brain! (another feel good bran chemical)
- Read A Book. I used to be such a book worm growing up, spending days in my room to finish a book because the story was so good. I can tell you from experience that sometimes getting lost in a good read is all you need. I’m sure you have some books around at home that you said you were going to read but haven’t. Now is the chance!
- Meditation. Many people think of it as a way to reduce stress and develop concentration. People also use the practice to develop other beneficial habits and feelings, such as a positive mood and outlook, self-discipline,and healthy sleep patterns. You can find a quick how to YouTube video to get you started. Your brain WILL feel better.
- Plan A Vacation. This is something that ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. There is just something about looking forward to a relaxing a fun trip, especially to a new place!
- Paint. You can get some cheap supplies at your local dollar tree if you don’t have some at home. Now now no one said your painting had to be good, or that you have to be good at paining. That is what makes it fun. get your family involved for a extra great time.
- Listen To Your Favorite Music. Music is a big part of my life, you can fine me singing 90% of the day. Blast it in your headphones if you need to be quiet or on a speaker and TURN IT UP! If able sing with it and really feel it.
- Start A Journal. Sometimes having a creative outlet is helpful to sort out your emotions. putting it on paper helps get it off your chest making you feel lighter. Try writing a little everyday.
- A Random Act of Kindness. For me this one is a no brainier. Have you ever had your fast food paid for by the person in front of you? Immediate gratefulness and gratitude. Then you do the same for the person behind you hoping the act continues to get passed on. There’s something about doing nice things for others that can not compare. Its always a good idea to do good things for other people always.
It’s Monday ladies! Here’s a little motivation that we could all use. Sometimes I need to ground myself and breathe before a new week. Right now the world is in a very chaotic place and it’s nice to bring more light to the world during this time. Let’s spread P O S I T I V I T Y.
You can find me with coffee in hand this morning after a brisk workout and working on a new post for you all. Have a great Monday and don’t forget we could all use a little glass of wine after a long day!
Until next time,
Hello ladies! This is probably my favorite post so far. I have always been a drugstore makeup kind of gal all my life. Not only has it most likely saved me thousands of dollars over the course of my life, the products are amazing. For me choosing to shop drugstore did not mean compromising quality.
Before I jump into my lists of product let me give you the run down on my skin. When I said you were going all in with Amanda, I meant ALL in.
Growing up I had trouble skin and acne due to improper skin care. As an adult I have taken a tremendous effort to take my skin care way more seriously and that has made a dramatic difference in my skin. I still to this day have my struggles with my skin like we all do. My skin type is combination; a mix of dry and oily as all get out through my t-zone. Therefore I tend to gear towards more matte foundations and primers as you will see.
- Maybeline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation only $9.39 at Target
With 28 shades to choose from this foundation has been a staple in my routine for years now. This foundation is lightweight, yet has a high-impact coverage formula that glides onto the skin for a flawless makeup finish that lasts all day. Oil free and Doesn’t clog pores. This product blends well with a damp beauty sponge as I use this technique daily.
2. E.l.f Instant Lift Brow Pencil only $2.00 at Target
This is the most affordable product in my entire routine and such a staple. It is such a build able product and a great product all around. With 5 shades and a price point like that how could you not try! The Instant Lift Brow Pencil has a dual-sided design. The fine tip liner on one side and tames and combs brows with the other to create natural and defined looking eyebrows. This slim mechanical pencil shapes, defines, and fills in brows for a natural, polished look. Cruelty free and vegan.
3. Airspun powder only $5.97 at Amazon
I used this translucent powder every day for setting my foundation! It is such a light product that does not make my foundation patchy after use like most powders do. This powder comes in 6 shades making it easy to find the best color for you. This ultra smooth powder hides tiny lines, wrinkles and blemishes and gives a new softness to your skin. Use to set make-up or as a foundation. This container lasts me months at a time and is a must have.
4. E.l.f Poreless Putty Primer only $8.00 at Target
I need to thank Jeffree Star for this one! This is a go to product for anyone with large pores or oily skin. This bad boy helps with all of it. This skin perfecting poreless putty primer is infused with Squalane to help grip makeup for all-day wear and help protect skin from moisture loss. The velvety texture glides effortlessly over the skin, smoothing over imperfections while helping minimize the appearance of pores for a poreless effect.
5. L’Oréal Volume Lash Paradise only $9.47 at Amazon
I am very particular when it comes to my lashes. I want volume and length without clumps and lumps. This is a know dupe for Better Than Sex by Two Faced retailing at $25. This volumizing and lengthening mascara delivers a full lash fringe that’s feathery soft. No flaking. No smudging. No clumping. This is a product that a picky girl like me swears by and so do my lashes.
6. Maybeline Master Holographic Highlighter only $7.99 at Target
This highlighter is ridiculous, it has no business being this good at this price. This gives me such a vibrant glow, I also use it on my inner corners for a nice pop of shimmer. It has beautiful pink and purple undertones that reflect beautifully in any light. No other highlighter I’ve had compares.
Another successful Saturday in the books! Today we relaxed a little extra this morning with plenty of puppy cuddles to go around. But first, coffee. I know that you’re new here, but I hope we share the same love for the first sip of coffee in the morning. I started the morning with a nice mist on my bedroom plants. I think they look so beautiful with a recent mist, here’s the proof.
Today was a beautiful and crisp 60 degrees making it the perfect day for yard work. While my lovely boyfriend mowed the lawn I spent some time in my new garden out front. I fed them some plant food and gave them a little water. Since planting them we have had some unexpected cold weather so they could use the extra love to help them along. It was so nice to see everyone outside enjoying the beautiful weather despite our current stay at home orders. The rest of the evening you can find us in the backyard soaking up the sun with the pups in their favorite place! It’s nice to just sit and relax with a good breeze. It helps clear my mind. What are things you do to clear your mind? Also, here’s more proof of our activities. I hope you like dog pictures because there will be plenty more.
I hope you guys enjoyed your Saturday! I’m excited to post more about my week with you all. Im going to bring you all in with me and talk ALL about my life so I hope you’re ready for GOOD time.
Until next time!
1. The Snake Plant
Obviously I had to put my favorite one first. The snake plant is a versatile house plant. It is an excellent plant for the forgetful gardener and is considered a top air purifier plant for indoor environment. Ideal lighting for the snake plant would be in direct sunlight. Allow the soil to dry in between waterings and this plant will thrive with low maintenance.
2. Fiddle Leaf Fig
This tree will bring a new element to your house. With beautiful green foliage this plant stands out. Although this plan does not like direct sunlight it will adapt to most indirect lighting and low light locations. With this plan you will water more generously throughout the summer months but once winter comes you can slow down the amount of water given. Making this plant easy to manage.
3. Chinese Money Plant
Well this plant won’t grow actual money, but it sure is cute! This plant like others thrives off indirect light making this plant is ideal for most rooms in your house. The Chinese Money Plant can also control your indoor humidity levels and access a natural air purifier. This plant can be beneficial for your health as well as your mood. I don’t know about you but I could use some good mood juju.
4. Air Plant
Air plants popularity seem to have been flourishing within the past few years and there’s a reason why! These plants are perfect for home school and work. They require very little upkeep, only soaking the plant once a week. Keep these plants out of direct sun or else their moisture will be depleted. Take care of these plants and they can last you years.
5. Spider Plant
The spider plant is one of the easiest house plants to maintain the spider plant will produce oxygen while purifying the air in your home and office by absorbing carbon monoxide. The spider plant is one of the easiest house plants to maintain the spider plant will produce oxygen while purifying the air in your home and office by absorbing carbon monoxide. You will only need to water this plant once per week during your first year which should be enough to keep the soil consistently moist. This plant thrives in bright indirect light putting in direct light will cause the plants moisture to be depleted.
6. Aloe Plant
I recently just bought my first aloe plant and I’m loving it! Aloe plants love indirect light and thrive with a good soak every week or two. This plant is from the succulents family and helps remove harmful pollution from the air and provides abundant oxygen back into the air around it. Not only are these plants easy to take care of their good to keep on hand to use for your beauty routine and sun damage.
7. ZZ Plant
This plant is a little different from the rest on the list, this plant thrives off both low and high amounts of light, low humidity and dry soil. This plant is a favorite indoor plant because it removes airborne toxins by transpiring at a high rate. when watering this plant allow the soil to become dry at the top and do not over water. It’s best to water this plant less than too much because over watering can cause damage to the plant.
Last but not least succulents! These bad boys have been a part of my life for a while now. Well super easy to take care of and low maintenance there’s a reason these plants are such a popular house plants. Succulents thrive best in low light, but be careful because very few survive in full shade. Succulents should be watered at least once a week and during each watering give the soil a good soak. It’s not too hard to keep these guys happy.
I hope this list helped you guys in your new indoor plant journey. These plants will do more than brighten up your home, they will brighten your life! Find cute pots and planters to use you plants as the perfect home decor.