Microwaves are personally my least favorite thing to clean, always caked on food from months of use. I found a perfect solution that does not involve vigorous scrubbing! Here is how you do it and I promise you will not clean your microwave any other way.
- Cut a lemon in half
- Fill a microwavable safe bowl or container with water
- Squeeze the juice of both of the lemons into the water then drop the lemon halves into the water as well.
- Microwave on high for 10 min
- DO NOT OPEN THE MICROWAVE WHEN THE TIME IS UP.
- Leave the door closed for another 20 min, the steam will loosen all of the caked on food.
- After the second 10 min is complete, simply wipe with a rag and see how easy it is to wipe clean
Clogged drain? Try this baking soda and vinegar hack!
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down your clogged drain
- Follow by 1 cup of vinegar
- wait 5 to 10 min to allow the vinegar to work through the baking soda
- Now flush with 2 cup of extremely hot water
- Depending on how clogged your drain is, repeat as many times as necessary.
Animal hair filled carpet? This trick changed my life. simply take a squeegee to the carpet and use it like you would on your window and shower and watch how much stubborn hair hiding in your carpet you will find. It will astound you how much hair your vacuum misses and this trick makes your carpet look brand new.
Smelly garbage disposal?
- Cut up limes or lemons into quarter pieces and drop them into your disposal
- Run extremely hot water
- Then run your disposal and smell the difference
Spotty Shower Head?
- Fill a large Ziploc bag with vinegar
- Affix this to your shower head
- Secure with rubber bands
- Leave over night.