Traveling is something I do not get to do much but something I would love to do all the time. Unfortunately travelling can be super expensive! So I wanted to create a fun list of places I can only dream of affording —– Lets dream a little.
The Galapagos Islands… This is THE DREAM place of mine since I was a kid. Scattered across the equator, the Galapagos Islands are especially famous for their unique wildlife and breathtaking scenery – a visit here is almost like travelling to a whole new, enchanting world. It is breathtakingly beautiful and unique. My dream would be to go island hopping by boat to visit some of there 12 islands. Each island is like visiting a different world, some having entire different species and landscape to the next. The trips can be as expensive as you can guess, so this one will stick to the dream vacation list… for now anyway.
Hawaii: As you can tell I love tropical places, I live in the Midwest can you blame me? Getting Married in Hawaii is a life goal. The warm water, the plentiful reefs, fish, turtles, whales, and barracuda make the beautiful Hawaii islands a great place to spend a lot of time in the water. With all the different things Hawaii has to offer, it surely ranks as the most beautiful place on Earth. I would love to be paddle boarding over the ocean or hiking in the mountains right about now.
Ireland: Well folks I’m not sure if you know this or not but your girl is Irish! I think it would be a really remarkable experience to visit a little bit of my own history. From storybook castles to magnificent gardens, wide open spaces to the bustle of international cities, breathtaking natural scenery to man made megalithic structures, Ireland is a must visit. There is such a range of thongs to do the possibilities are endless.
You’ll find me with a glass of wine in hand all day! Happy birthday to me. If I have any birthday buddies out there, happy birthday to you!
- Snuggle With Your pet. There’s nothing better than having a four legged friend. Animals. Science has proven that when you cuddle with your dog, it stimulates the brain’s production of Oxytocin (also called the “love hormone”) in both of you. This is the same hormone that is released during childbirth and when a mother breastfeeds her baby. It’s associated with the feelings of trust, empathy, and forming bonds. SO GIVE IT A TRY SCIENCE SAYS SO!
- Garden Outside. Pull some weeds or plant a few seeds. Planting for me is a creative outlet. you can design the garden of your dreams.Or you can be like me and stare at your garden in awe of how good you did. That always puts me in a good mood.
- Get Your Exercise On. I know I know the motivation to do this one is probably slim but its so goo for you! just 30 min a day is beneficial for your body. Even if it is a brisk 30 min walk is enough to get those endorphins to your brain! (another feel good bran chemical)
- Read A Book. I used to be such a book worm growing up, spending days in my room to finish a book because the story was so good. I can tell you from experience that sometimes getting lost in a good read is all you need. I’m sure you have some books around at home that you said you were going to read but haven’t. Now is the chance!
- Meditation. Many people think of it as a way to reduce stress and develop concentration. People also use the practice to develop other beneficial habits and feelings, such as a positive mood and outlook, self-discipline,and healthy sleep patterns. You can find a quick how to YouTube video to get you started. Your brain WILL feel better.
- Plan A Vacation. This is something that ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. There is just something about looking forward to a relaxing a fun trip, especially to a new place!
- Paint. You can get some cheap supplies at your local dollar tree if you don’t have some at home. Now now no one said your painting had to be good, or that you have to be good at paining. That is what makes it fun. get your family involved for a extra great time.
- Listen To Your Favorite Music. Music is a big part of my life, you can fine me singing 90% of the day. Blast it in your headphones if you need to be quiet or on a speaker and TURN IT UP! If able sing with it and really feel it.
- Start A Journal. Sometimes having a creative outlet is helpful to sort out your emotions. putting it on paper helps get it off your chest making you feel lighter. Try writing a little everyday.
- A Random Act of Kindness. For me this one is a no brainier. Have you ever had your fast food paid for by the person in front of you? Immediate gratefulness and gratitude. Then you do the same for the person behind you hoping the act continues to get passed on. There’s something about doing nice things for others that can not compare. Its always a good idea to do good things for other people always.
Hello ladies! This is probably my favorite post so far. I have always been a drugstore makeup kind of gal all my life. Not only has it most likely saved me thousands of dollars over the course of my life, the products are amazing. For me choosing to shop drugstore did not mean compromising quality.
Before I jump into my lists of product let me give you the run down on my skin. When I said you were going all in with Amanda, I meant ALL in.
Growing up I had trouble skin and acne due to improper skin care. As an adult I have taken a tremendous effort to take my skin care way more seriously and that has made a dramatic difference in my skin. I still to this day have my struggles with my skin like we all do. My skin type is combination; a mix of dry and oily as all get out through my t-zone. Therefore I tend to gear towards more matte foundations and primers as you will see.
- Maybeline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation only $9.39 at Target
With 28 shades to choose from this foundation has been a staple in my routine for years now. This foundation is lightweight, yet has a high-impact coverage formula that glides onto the skin for a flawless makeup finish that lasts all day. Oil free and Doesn’t clog pores. This product blends well with a damp beauty sponge as I use this technique daily.
2. E.l.f Instant Lift Brow Pencil only $2.00 at Target
This is the most affordable product in my entire routine and such a staple. It is such a build able product and a great product all around. With 5 shades and a price point like that how could you not try! The Instant Lift Brow Pencil has a dual-sided design. The fine tip liner on one side and tames and combs brows with the other to create natural and defined looking eyebrows. This slim mechanical pencil shapes, defines, and fills in brows for a natural, polished look. Cruelty free and vegan.
3. Airspun powder only $5.97 at Amazon
I used this translucent powder every day for setting my foundation! It is such a light product that does not make my foundation patchy after use like most powders do. This powder comes in 6 shades making it easy to find the best color for you. This ultra smooth powder hides tiny lines, wrinkles and blemishes and gives a new softness to your skin. Use to set make-up or as a foundation. This container lasts me months at a time and is a must have.
4. E.l.f Poreless Putty Primer only $8.00 at Target
I need to thank Jeffree Star for this one! This is a go to product for anyone with large pores or oily skin. This bad boy helps with all of it. This skin perfecting poreless putty primer is infused with Squalane to help grip makeup for all-day wear and help protect skin from moisture loss. The velvety texture glides effortlessly over the skin, smoothing over imperfections while helping minimize the appearance of pores for a poreless effect.
5. L’Oréal Volume Lash Paradise only $9.47 at Amazon
I am very particular when it comes to my lashes. I want volume and length without clumps and lumps. This is a know dupe for Better Than Sex by Two Faced retailing at $25. This volumizing and lengthening mascara delivers a full lash fringe that’s feathery soft. No flaking. No smudging. No clumping. This is a product that a picky girl like me swears by and so do my lashes.
6. Maybeline Master Holographic Highlighter only $7.99 at Target
This highlighter is ridiculous, it has no business being this good at this price. This gives me such a vibrant glow, I also use it on my inner corners for a nice pop of shimmer. It has beautiful pink and purple undertones that reflect beautifully in any light. No other highlighter I’ve had compares.