Microwaves are personally my least favorite thing to clean, always caked on food from months of use. I found a perfect solution that does not involve vigorous scrubbing! Here is how you do it and I promise you will not clean your microwave any other way.
- Cut a lemon in half
- Fill a microwavable safe bowl or container with water
- Squeeze the juice of both of the lemons into the water then drop the lemon halves into the water as well.
- Microwave on high for 10 min
- DO NOT OPEN THE MICROWAVE WHEN THE TIME IS UP.
- Leave the door closed for another 20 min, the steam will loosen all of the caked on food.
- After the second 10 min is complete, simply wipe with a rag and see how easy it is to wipe clean
Clogged drain? Try this baking soda and vinegar hack!
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down your clogged drain
- Follow by 1 cup of vinegar
- wait 5 to 10 min to allow the vinegar to work through the baking soda
- Now flush with 2 cup of extremely hot water
- Depending on how clogged your drain is, repeat as many times as necessary.
Animal hair filled carpet? This trick changed my life. simply take a squeegee to the carpet and use it like you would on your window and shower and watch how much stubborn hair hiding in your carpet you will find. It will astound you how much hair your vacuum misses and this trick makes your carpet look brand new.
Smelly garbage disposal?
- Cut up limes or lemons into quarter pieces and drop them into your disposal
- Run extremely hot water
- Then run your disposal and smell the difference
Spotty Shower Head?
- Fill a large Ziploc bag with vinegar
- Affix this to your shower head
- Secure with rubber bands
- Leave over night.
Being able to save money any chance you get can lead you to having more financial security in life. We all have different reasons for wanting to save some money. Some of us just want a nest egg or maybe some for a wedding. Here are some great apps that can help you achieve what ever goal you are reaching for.
Acorns: Acorns is an investing app lets people automatically invest their spare change by rounding up the purchases they make with a linked credit or debit card. Acorns has been lauded by investors and journalists alike for finally getting more people investing. When you want your saved sum, all you have to do is withdrawal your earnings from the app choosing how much, and how you want your money. Its simple and easy!
Mint: As a finance aggregation app, Mint helps users create and manage budgets by using the information from bank accounts, bills, credit or debit cards, and PayPal and other accounts to track how much money users are making versus how much they spend. Mint’s main categories include overview, transactions, bills, budgets, goals, trends, investments, and ways to save. From there, users can set up alerts for bills or other financial goals that you can customize to fit your needs. This app is perfect for you if you have a long term event to save for. Mint really lets you see an in depth look on how you spend your cash and can really help see where you can save.
Qapital: Visa Debit Card Qapital offers its users this fee-free debit card through its partner Lincoln Savings Bank. You can use the card wherever Visa debit cards are accepted, and you’ll also earn 0.1% interest on both your Spending and Goals account. This app does have a base fee of $3 a month for basic package or $6 a month for complete package depending on the tier you choose. Your Qapital Invest account helps you reach your short term and long-term Goals. When you make an investment Goal, your money is held in an ETF portfolio based on the risk level you are most comfortable with.
Digit: They keep your money and personal info safe and offer a valuable service that will benefit many people. It’s a great option for people who have a hard time saving money. There is a $5 monthly fee attached to using Digit so be sure to weight if the investment is worth using their service to save money. Digit doesn’t require you to come up with an arbitrary amount to transfer every month. It adapts to you and saves accordingly. Digit learns when and how much is safe to save based on your spending habits. Making this an affordable and easy option for most.